2022-2023 Transition Ambassadors
Graduate StudentEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org Identities & Involvement: Transfer Student, Graduate Student, Medical Reserve Corps, Office of Emergency Preparedness Availability: Friday 1-3; Monday 12-3; available upon request for weekends
Identities & Involvement: Woman of Color/POC, Transfer Student, Dawg Camp, UGA HEROs, Leonard Leadership Fellow, UGA CHAARG
Availability: Tuesday 2-5; Wed 10-11; Thursday after 2; available upon request for weekends
Identities & Involvement: Out-of-State, Dawg Camp, UGA Doctors without Borders, Greek Life, UGA Miracle, Pre-Med
Availability: Tuesdays after 3:45; Wed after 4; Thursdays 1:10-4; Fridays 12:20-2:45; Sundays after 11am
Identities & Involvement: Christian, In-State, Grady College, UGA Freshley/Wesley, Greek Life (Beta Upsilon Chi), Aces for Athens, Digital Dawg
Availability: TTh after 1
Identities & Involvement: Tutor for Athens Prison Tutorial and Division of Academic Enhancement, Pre-Med
Availability: Saturdays & Sundays; available upon request for weekdays
Identities & Involvement: Georgia Students of Landscape Architecture, Sigma Delta Tau, University of Georgia Hillel
Availability: M-F 11:30-1:30; T-Th after 4; MWF after 5
If you are passionate about the student experience and looking for a way to gain leadership skills, support and give back to UGA students, and represent the University of Georgia, consider applying to be a member of the inaugural class of the Transition Ambassadors!
Are you interested in learning more about the Transition Ambassadors? Keep reading to find out who we are, how to join, and what to expect during the recruitment and selection process. If you have any questions about joining the Transition Ambassadors, please contact Sam Sego at email@example.com.
Transition Ambassadors serve the students of the University of Georgia through impactful and wholistic transitional support.
The Transition Ambassadors is a brand-new student group that will represent and support initiatives within the Department of Student Transitions. Student Transitions is the newest department in the Division of Student Affairs, created in July 2020 with the goal of providing support and resources to all UGA students at all points of transition during their college experience. To learn more about Student Transitions, click here!
Transition Ambassadors represent the Department of Student Transitions within the Division of Student Affairs. Ambassadors will have the opportunity to:
- Support students at key moments in their transition to UGA and during their time as a student
- Plan and facilitate events/programs designed to support specialized student populations, including but not limited to first-year students, second-year students, and transfer students.
- Organize Ambassador recruitment and outreach initiatives
- Provide departmental support at various large-scale student events such as Welcome UGA, Freshman Welcome, FreshCheck, and New Student Orientation
- Share student experiences and perspective with new students and UGA administration
Because the Transition Ambassadors will represent all UGA students, they will have the chance to create initiatives and programs that range in size, scope, and purpose. For example, Ambassadors will have the opportunity to:
- Work with first-year students as they enter and acclimate into college life
- Provide individual and group support to the transfer student population as they come to UGA from a previous institution
- Create programs to support and engage second-year students as they transition off-campus from their first to second year at UGA
- …and many more!
Ambassadors will be encouraged to explore ways to support a wide range of student populations and to partner with departments across campus to meet their goals.
By serving as a Transition Ambassador, students will be able to…
- Identify the diverse needs and key components of transition commonly experienced by students at UGA
- Gain a deeper understanding of themselves and their personal leadership style throughout their experience
- Create inclusive environments and programs that build a sense of community among specialized populations of students, including first-year, second-year, and transfer students
- Gain knowledge and strengthen skills in event planning, mentoring/advising, public speaking, and representing the University of Georgia in an official capacity
- Be enrolled full-time at UGA through Spring 2022
- Be in good academic and disciplinary standing as set by the University of Georgia
- Welcome Meet & Greet – April 28 (5:30-7:00PM)
- Fall Training Retreat – September 11-12
- Monthly Meetings – Wednesdays 5-7pm / September 1, October 6, November 3, December 1, January 12, February 16, March 16, April 13
- Welcome UGA Kickoffs – August 20, 2021 9am-3pm AND January 10, 2022 9am-3pm
- Freshman Welcome – August 17 (4pm-10pm)
- National Transfer Student Week (October 2021, Dates TBD)
- Applications Open – Tuesday, March 23
- Information Sessions* – Click below to register for a session:
*You must attend (1) Information Session in order to be eligible for selection
- Applications Close – Friday, April 9 at 5:00PM
- Interviews – April 14-16